Wednesday, July 13, 2022

London Architectural Infrastructure

Happily ensconced in the Fitzrovia neighborhood of London.  Feels like a real 'hood with locals gathering at the pub and saying hello in the Tesco grocery stores.

Bull Moon tonight - full moon.  Wanted to find the perfect spot to take a picture, and did, but it's light for so long here I just can't stay up long enough to capture it.

On the left, we have the King and Crown Pub, circa 1767, site of one 1/2 pint of beer on my pub crawl tonight.  In the middle we have the BT TV tower, circa 1961, and to the right, a crane helping to build the new Bedford Mews condos.  I thought a picture of the moon in between these towers would be really cool. Alas, I'm sleepy, so not going to watch the moon rise tonight.



The Edgeware Road platform of the tube was built in 1924, which meant I had to drag my "lightweight packing job" suitcase up and down stairs to get to the transfer.  Thank goodness I did my workouts before I left.  Quite a contrast with the newly-opened Heathrow Terminal 5, build exclusively for British Airways.  




This is the first time I didn't hike under the runways from United to the customs area for half an hour.  My new friend Denise showed me everything about business class, and told me I had a biometric passport and didn't have to wait in line.  Customs lasted 2 minutes.  Waaaat?


  
Denise is a really fun person who's lived in London for 23 years.  Wish I could claim that!

Leave me a comment, and I'll try to figure out out to read them.  Days 1 & 2 - check.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!