Saturday, February 1, 2020

1.30 - 36 years after poem

1.30.2020

36 Years After Meeting the Quartier Latin draft 1

I'm back again.
Then, I slept on the roof of the American University of Paris.
I woke to find a note
on my chest in French
Translation:
my girlfriend and I like to have the roof to ourselves
I had nowhere else to sleep
it was over 90 degrees in Lisa's room
she had to work the next day
and I had sweat through my hostel sheet
no air unless outside

Now I'm in a downy queen sized bed
with four pillows
a trompe l'oeil fresco on one wall and mirrors opposite
too much fun hiding in the frescoes
taking selfies took awhile
salmon pink puddle drapes 
windows facing the famous jazz club
music spills out and up
but I want to be shut in
46 degrees, with rain and windchill
Two Marmots tea
70% cocao bites
Bourgogne blend
sound better than stumbling
over cobblestones charming
for those without foot problems.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!