Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Old School

Welcome to my first blog, focusing on the research I do as a classroom English teacher, volleyball coach, and student of life.  It's my attempt to join the 21st century.  Old school only goes so far, and I'm going on the road.  I don't have time to learn how to do this, so I'll be putting into practice my favorite volleyball metaphor:

READY   FIRE    AIM

This means that rather than creating the perfect blog, I'm just going to start writing.  I'll recalibrate once I translate my thoughts into "ink" here.  (That's still old school, isn't it?)

Soon I'll be leaving for Flanders Field, the Western Front, and the 100th anniversary celebrations of the WW1 armistice -  across the pond in England, France, and Belgium.  I'll pay my respects this June to several British poets who wrote and died along the Western Front between 1914-1918, and visit the site of the Christmas Truce soccer game between the Germans, Scots, and French soldiers on Christmas Eve, 2015.

May you live a life you love,

Jenyth

3 comments:

  1. John McCutcheon Christmas in the Trenches https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=sJi41RWaTCs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Green Fields of France Eric Bogle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkhBvO8_kM

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more for your Flanders Field music list (I can't say play list for some reason).Mary Black singing Eric Bogle and John Monroe's 'All the Fine Young Men' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paCUQx-Q-B4

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!